1. Study at least 3 nights a week for 30 minutes to an hour on topics we are not currently covering. Not sure what to study?
Take a look at the topic list in your syllabus or online and find the thing you feel like you know the LEAST about. THAT is the
thing you need to study!
2. Work from an AP Chemistry study workbook. These books have been designed to provide strategies, practice questions,
and a general review of the information that you need to know for the AP exam!
3. Pay attention to the calendar! Don't put things off! AP Chemistry is a HUGE topic and it may seem daunting, but you want
to tackle it the same way you would eat an elephant... one bite at a time! Leave the elephant until the week before, and you
won't even come CLOSE to eating and digesting all of it!
4. Attend study groups and study sessions. After school sessions will be offered by your teacher. Make these a priority above
other things you would usually do, including sports practices! Your coaches will understand (they won't like it, though.)
Create your own study groups with friends in class... maybe even friends you know from other schools that are taking AP
Chem... and learn together!
5. Attend YouTube school! Take time each week to watch another teacher share their class lecture and information on
YouTube. Look up animations or other movies that might reinforce topics and help you visualize the processes you are
learning about! There is soooooooo much stuff on there, and a lot of it is great!
Good luck this year! Work hard, and the rewards will come!